Free PDF download of UP Board Solutions for Class 10 English Grammar Passages for Translation to help you to revise complete chapter and score more marks in your examinations.
|Chapter Name||Passages for Translation|
|Category||UP Board Solutions|
UP Board Solutions for Class 10 English Grammar Passages for Translation
- In all seasons I like the spring season most. This is the favorite season of poets and it is called the queen of seasons. When spring approaches, the earth looks beautiful and attractive. Green leaves come out in the trees and the earth wears green clothes. Different types of beautiful flowers blossom, the bright colors of which make us happy. The yellow mustard flowers move in the air happily. The humming bees and beautiful butterflies attract the heart. The sweet songs of koel make us happy.
- A young man applied for the post of a clerk in an office. He was called for interview. The officer, after a long discussion, told him that he was not found fit for the post. That young man was disappointed. (UPBoardSolutions.com) When he was going out of the office, he saw a pin lying on the floor. Without saying anything he took up the pin and put it on the table. The officer saw all this and called him back. He appointed the young man and he was very happy.
- One day a crow was sitting on a mango tree. It had a piece of cheese in its beak. All of a sudden, a jackal, who was wandering here and there in search of food came there. He decided to take away that piece. He sat down under the tree and said to the crow, “You have a sweet voice.” Hearing this the crow was very happy and it opened its beak to sing a song. As soon as it opened the beak, the piece of cheese fell down upon the ground. The cunning jackal at once took it up and ran away towards the forest.
- How beautiful is our earth! Imagine green forests, snow covered mountains and blue oceans. Seeing the valleys of colorful flowers, animals and birds, rivers and lakes, the heart is filled with joy and wonder. We get much peace in the company of nature. For some time we forget all our worries. Today we have become very far from nature. We spend all time in earning money and in spending it. We must pass sometime daily in the company of nature.
- Sea life also is very interesting. It is said that in sea there exist living matters more in number than the whole world. In the sea water innumerable living beings are found. The hugest animal of sea is whale. In the whole living kingdom there is no animal as big as whale. Its tail is very strong. Blue whale may be ninety feet long. Its weight may be up to seventy tonnes.
- In Meerut every year in the month of April, Nauchandi fair is held. It is famous far and wide. In this fair besides shops, round about also are arranged and an exhibition also is held. The members of my family have been thinking to see it for two years. During the days of seeing the exhibition, we shall stay with our uncle. It will be a great pleasure. Then after this we shall visit Meerut University. If we get tinje, we may visit there the schools and colleges also.
- Who has not heard the name of Subhash Chandra Bose ? He was born on 23rd January 1897. He was a very intelligent student. He respected Gandhiji very much. But he did not like the policy of Ahinsa of Gandhiji. He founded Indian National Army. His slogan was ‘Give me blood and I will give you freedom’. It is said that he died in an air crash. But even (UPBoardSolutions.com) today the people don’t believe in this news.
- Postman is a useful servant of society. He is a very useful man. He has many messages of joys as well as sorrows in his bag. He causes some one to weep and some one to laugh also by a letter. Some times he becomes the centre of our hope and eagerness. He is dear to all. All welcome him at their gate. So the postman is our dear co-operator.
- As soon as I reached the railway platform, the train started. I saw that a man was running towards the train. I understood that he wanted to board into the running train. I checked him to do so but he didn’t obey me. He tried to board into the train and he fell down under the train. The driver stopped the train but the unfortunate man had been crushed down the train. We should not try to board the running train.
- A shepherd had the habit of telling a lie. He went in the forest daily to graze his sheep. One day he shouted loudly, ‘wolf, wolf.’ The people of the neighboring village rushed for his help. Seeing the villagers he burst into laughter. In the same way he be fooled the villagers twice or thrice. One day in reality the wolf came. That shepherd went on crying for help but even a single person did not reach for his help.
- A blind man lived in a village. Fire broke out in that village. Leaving the village all people ran away. A lame man also lived in the same village. The blind man said to the lame man, “You have eyes but you can’t walk. I have legs but I can’t see, come and sit on my shoulders. You will show the way and I will walk.” Both of them did so and due to their plan and wisdom they went out of the village safely.
- In India many great men have born. Lai Bahadur Shastri is one of them. After the death of Pt. Nehru he became the prime minister of India. Shastri ji was born on (UPBoardSolutions.com) October 2, 1904 in a poor family. His father was an ordinary teacher. He died when Shastri was a child. Shastri ji remained the Prime-minister only for eighteen months. On January 11, 1966 he died in Tashkent in Russia.
- Shahjahan was a Mughal emperor. He was married to Mumtaz Mahal. After fourteen years to marriage the queen fell ill. Shahjahan loved her very much so he was very sad. Seeing the condition of the queen the king understood that the life of the queen was in danger. Weeping he said to the queen, “What should I do for you ?” Dying Mumtaz Mahal said, “Build a tomb on my grave.” After the death of the queen Shahjahan built Taj Mahal on the bank of the Yamuna in Agra which is famous in the world. This sign of love will always remain immortal.
- Who does not know the name of Mahatma Gandhi ? He was one of the greatest leaders of the world. He was bom on October 2,1869 at Porbander in Gujarat. Gandhiji followed truth and non violence through out his life. He went to jail many times. Under his leadership, India became free on 15th August, 1947. Gandhiji is called the Father of the Nation. In reality the whole country will be indebted to him.
- Long ago a merchant lived in a country. He was very rich but he had no child. In the end by the grace of God a son was born to hiiji. The boy was only two years old when the merchant died. The mother bought up the boy. When the boy grew young, the mother wanted to employ him in the business and said, “Now you also do business.” The son obeyed the mother and buying the goods, he bade good bye from his mother. Those days other merchants also were going out with goods from that country. The mother sent her son also with them.
- Once a master employed a servant. The servant was very truthful. He did the work which nobody could do. He was always happy. One year passed but the master did not give him his salary. The servant also did not ask his salary and went on doing work truthfully and honestly. Second year also passed but the merchant did not give him his salary. After two (UPBoardSolutions.com) years the merchant gave him Rs 1000 as his salary. The servant went home happily.
- Long ago a poor boy lived in Allahabad. He earned his living by selling newspapers. His parents had died in his childhood. He was an orphan. He was very good in studies. He did not like begging or taking help from others. He had decided in his mind that by selling newspapers he would meet his expenses and would also study. His labor proved to be fruitful and he became a graduate. Due to his honesty and hard work he got a job also. Today he is very happy.
- India is an ancient country. Its culture is very rich. Its effect can be seen in many countries. This country is known for its fairs, temples, saints and festivals. We should make it free from pollution.
- One day a crow was sitting on a mango tree. He had a piece of cheese in his beak. All of a sudden a jackal who was wandering here and there in search of food came there. He decided to take that piece.
- The boys who work hard always succeed. Always remember, if you work hard, you can make your life great. Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar could be great due to hard work.
- Spring season is very pleasant. In this season there is neither much cold nor much heat. Leaves fall from the trees. New off shoots come out again. The forests and gardens look attractive.
- Everybody knows the name of Subhash Chandra Bose. He was born in Cuttack in 1897. He was a great patriot. He fought bravely for the freedom of the country. We respect him very much.
- Two bullocks lived in a forest. They were fast friends. They always lived together. They were ready to help each other. Even the lion was afraid to attack upon them.
- Who does not know Lai Bahadur Shastri ? He was the second prime minister of India. He was the true disciple of Gandhiji. He believed in simple living and high thinking. He was born on 2nd October, 1904 in a poor family in Moghal Sarai. He died on 11th January, 1966.
- Spring season has come. Spring comes in the (UPBoardSolutions.com) months of March and April. It is a very pleasant season. Spring is called Rituraj also.
- When I reached the station, the train was about to depart. I rushed to the platform. I had hardly reached there when the train started. Soon the train gathered speed and I was watching it like a fool going out of the platform.
- Ram Lai is a promising student of my class. He has many good qualities. He is very punctual, regular and laborious student. He helps the poor students with books.
We hope the given UP Board Solutions for Class 10 English Grammar Passages for Translation will help you. If you have any query regarding UP Board Solutions for Class 10 English Grammar Passages for Translation, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.